Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fund-raising campaign

Posting this from an email from my friend Em:

Hi, sisters and brothers in Christ and friends. I’m selling some of my most-loved collection to help my friend (Ate Macoy) who has stage 2 breast cancer (invasive ductal carcinoma). She really needs financial assistance for her radiation and chemotherapy which will probably cost her an arm and a leg. I am appealing to each and every one of you to help me raise at least P10K this month (don't know how I can possibly do that, but with God's grace I will) so that I can give it to her right away. She'll be here in Manila until the 15th of Jan. She badly needs the money since her relatives are in Bicol, and they didn’t come from a well-off family. She had been my teacher aide while I was still teaching in a preschool (S.Y. 2006-2007). I want to repay her kindness by helping her in her ordeal. I had a vision that she’s not doing well when I first heard the news from my former colleague (and I really trust my intuition, esp. after Ondoy). I will give her whatever amount I collected from this fund-raising campaign. Prayers are greatly appreciated, but she needs the money to pay for her hospital bills in Chinese General Hospital. May God touch your kind hearts and generous souls. Thank you in advanced. I’ll be forever indebted to all of you. Merry Christmas to all!

*Buyer must be willing to meet in SM West / North EDSA, The Block, Trinoma, SM Manila, SM Megamall, Shangri-la or The Feast in VVCC Pasig.
*Kindly forward to interested parties. Thanks, thanks! God bless you a hundredfold.

List of 2nd Hand Books for Sale: 0917-9789478

*A Book of Hugs (Relatively New) Scholastic Publisher P120
*A Book of Kisses (Relatively New) Scholastic Publisher P120
Atlas Shrugged Ayn Rand P300
Boy Meets Girl Joshua Harris P150
Brida Paulo Coelho P240
Catch Me a Firefly Freda Jayme P200
Chronicles of a Death Foretold Gabriel Garcia Marquez P75
Dracula (Relatively New) Bram Stoker P50
Filipino Bilang Tanging Gamit sa Pagtuturo (New) P110
*Joyfully Single in a Couple’s World (Relatively New) Harold Sala P150
Language of the Hand Cheiro P100
My Brother, My Executioner F. Sionil Jose P90
*New Moon (New) Stephenie Meyer P320
*Not Even a Hint (Hardbound) Joshua Harris P300
*Saving My First Kiss (Relatively New) Lisa Velthouse P150
*Silent Night Scholastic Publisher P100
*Stop Dating Your Church (Hardbound, not available in most bookstores if I’m not mistaken, bought it for almost P800 some years ago) Joshua Harris P600
Soul Mates Jaime Licauco P100
The Devil and Miss Prym Paulo Coelho P240
*The Disciplined Mind (New) Howard Gardner P500
*The Fifth Mountain (big) Paulo Coelho P300
*The Heavenly Man Bro. Yun P175
*This Is My Story P90
Unveiling Teaching Expertise Flordeliza Clemente-Reyes P120
*You Can Heal Your Life (Relatively New) Louise L. Hay P125

*Recommended books

Em with Ate Macoy

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment