Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Little Wonders

I was extremely late for work today. Got up at 10am, left home at 1130am, and arrived at 215pm. I got to leave the house much later because I spent the morning just chatting with mom. She was asking how last night's party went, what gifts I got, among other things (she was already opening my gifts at this time! haha). We shared a light morning snack: Royce chocolates. We both gushed at the melt-in-your-mouth feeling brought by the nama chocolate and tried to stop ourselves from finishing the whole box in one sitting. I would remind her of her high blood sugar. Tsk tsk. She would remind me that I was late for work. Trying to get the whole box to herself huh? No way!haha But despite the "fight" over that tremendous box of pure bliss and despite my being extremely late, I had fun, and I think mom did too. I'd like to think that mom enjoys having little chats with me in the mornings before I go to work. We seldom do that since, everyday, when I hitch a ride in dad's car, I'd always be in a hurry. Today, I didn't hitch, so I had time on my hands, time that was well spent.

When you don't have time, make time. Take those pockets of time, those little moments, those few minutes,and make them mini bonding sessions. They don't have to be expensive, they just have to be exciting; They don't have to be extravagant; they just have to be extra-fun. Make time.

Rob Thomas puts it perfectly:

Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These small hours still remain
(from Little Wonders)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment